Steve has an extensive background in occupational health and safety and environmental management spanning over 10 years, in both management positions and consultancy roles. An engineer by trade, he has worked in most major industry sectors, including public sector, heavy engineering and mining.
Steve is equally at ease working strategically or operationally. He is able to quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of organizations and identify required improvements to their management systems that are both realistic and sustainable. Operationally, his experience in a wide variety of industries across three continents often enables him to identify innovative solutions to complex issues.
- General safety awareness
- Contractor management
- Incident investigation
- Risk assessment
- Behavioural based programs
- Risk assessment
- Business planning
- Risk solutions
- Development, enhancement, maintenance and review
- Gap analyses
- Performance indicators and performance monitoring
- Master of Business and Technology – UNSW (Ongoing)
- IRM Diploma in Risk Management
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management
- IEM Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Did you know?
From 1 July 2007 all contractors in NSW are required by law to have a Contractor Safety and Health Management program. It will also be a requirement from all of the major mining companies that contractors health and safety programs meet an acceptable standard.
As a result of this the Jim Knowles Group and Mine Resilience Australia P/L have developed the content th May of a on-line training course with the support of the NSW Minerals Council, Coal Services Health and Safety Trust, Australian Institute of Quarrying Education Foundation and the University of Newcastle.
Major mining companies in Australia including Centennial, Xstrata, Anglo, BHP, Hansons and Rocla have given their support to this project.
Updated 29th May 2009