Alistair is an innovative professional with proven ability in achieving safety, cultural and operational improvement through various systematic initiatives. His areas of expertise include:
- Safety training/ system creation including risk assessment, risk management systems, group facilitation, knowledge profiling, individual and group coaching and group training
- Change management skills in both stable and restructuring environments
- Safety culture development involving tailored training and procedural solutions
- Documentation mapping and preparation for safety, environmental and production systems
- Project Management with international project history
Alistair has over 10 years of industrial experience coupled with 5 years of consulting experience. Starting in a technical capacity, Alistair has developed through a production background moving from Systems Support roles through to Superintendent and Operations Management level.
He has experience across a wide range of industries which include Mining, Manufacturing, Utilities (Power, Water, Gas), Airline, Food, Financial, FMCG, and Paper.
- Hazard Identification and Control (Coal Training Package - MNCG1001A [G1] MNCG1002 [G2] )
- Workplace Risk Assessment and Control
- Procedure writing/ coaching
OHS Risk Management
- OHS Risk Assessments and reviews facilitation
- OHS Management Systems auditing
- Employee on-site mentoring
- Risk Management System
- Performance improvement encompassing leaning/ training strategies, system development (safety, quality, performance based, environmental)
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering, University of New South Wales (1995)
- Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessing Category II (2005)
- MNCG1001A (G1) Apply the Risk Management Process -Trainer and Assessor (incl QMS1 Risk Assessment – 39065 QLD)
- MNCG1002A (G2) Implement and apply Risk Management processes - Trainer and Assessor
- Safety Auditing
Did you know?
From 1 July 2007 all contractors in NSW are required by law to have a Contractor Safety and Health Management program. It will also be a requirement from all of the major mining companies that contractors health and safety programs meet an acceptable standard.
As a result of this the Jim Knowles Group and Mine Resilience Australia P/L have developed the content th May of a on-line training course with the support of the NSW Minerals Council, Coal Services Health and Safety Trust, Australian Institute of Quarrying Education Foundation and the University of Newcastle.
Major mining companies in Australia including Centennial, Xstrata, Anglo, BHP, Hansons and Rocla have given their support to this project.
Updated 29th May 2009